Tamanu Seed Kernel Oil 30ml by FREE SPIRIT GROUP
The beautiful Tamanu tree is scattered throughout the tropical South Pacific and Indian Oceans. Tamanu seed kernel oil has been traditionally recognised by islanders for its amazing, yet non-invasive healing properties.
Compared to most oil-bearing seeds, the fresh Tamanu seed kernels are unique as they contain no oil. Only when the kernels are removed from the cracked nuts and dried in the sun for 6 weeks, do they shrink, turn dark brown in colour and manifest up to 75% of their weight into an aromatic oil.
Tamanu seed kernel oil has been traditionally recognised by Pacific islanders for its amazing, yet non-invasive healing properties.
The oil’s special composition of anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antimicrobial agents has generated scientific interest regarding positive effects it may have on hard to treat skin disorders.
This prized green oil is extracted by cold pressing kernels of nuts that have dropped from the tree so there is no negative impact on the life or habitat of the trees.
This has provided a small but growing income for the native people of Vanuatu, contributing in a positive way to their village’s economy.
- Rich in essential fatty acids, sterols, lactones and unique synergistic health-giving compounds
- Refreshes compromised skin that has suffered from over exposure to harsh elements such as sun, wind, chemicals and pollutants
- Promotes the formation of new skin tissue and improves the appearance of visible scars
- Moisturises and protects the skin against premature ageing, wrinkles and fine lines
- Delivers comforting, soothing relief to distressed and common skin complaints
- Nurtures and nourishes compromised, dry, damaged, chapped and cracked skin.